Priorities and new kitchen rugs

It’s Monday!  And for a change I’m actually greeting this Monday with open arms.  Last week was a tough one around here.  My little buddy has been sick.
SO sick.  I snapped this pic with my phone just before his Xray.  Soon after our Dr. told me he had pneumonia and an ear infection in each ear.  :(  I pretty much held him for three days straight.  It’s so hard for me when my kids are sick.  It’s hard for all moms.  For obvious reasons it’s hard – forget about anything you thought you were going to get done.  But worse than that, it’s just hard to see them not feeling well.  You wish you could take all of their pain away.  But you can’t.  So you just hold them and love them and take care of them and get up in the night with them and feed them and clean up after them and then hold them some more.  A favorite quote of mine kept running through my head whenever I felt frustrated that nothing on my to-do list was being accomplished.
I wrote about this quote last March and think of it often when I face hard days as a mom.  I love it and believe it 100%.  Thankfully my little boyfriend is doing MUCH better and next week will be a happier one for both of us.  I just know it.  :)
While not much was accomplished around the house last week, I did somehow manage to get my floors clean enough to take some pics of my new kitchen rugs!

I found them at Target.  I’ve been looking for some kitchen rugs with color for a while and just couldn’t commit to anything.

When I saw these I knew they’d be perfect.  At least for a while until they get trashed or until I can make up my mind on other options (whichever comes first!).  The long, skinny runner fits perfectly in front of one of my sinks.

And the shorter 4 x 2 1/2  rugs work great for in front of my kitchen islands.
 I know.  More grey and white.  But color is coming soon.  I promise.

Aside from being in a grey and white rut, I seem to also be obsessed with this trellis pattern.
Now I have it in my kitchen rugs, a rug in El’s room (pics coming soon), the nook light, and on my staircase.  Oh my word!  Just remembered I haven’t showed you my finished stairs yet!  I’ll take pics of them soon too.  I still have a lot of our new house left to share!  It’s all coming.  As soon as my kids are 100%.  Priorities.

Hope you all have a happy and HEALTHY Monday.  And if you’re feeling low, head to Target.  They have cute rugs.   Plus that place always seems to cheer me up.  Like I said – priorities.

Comments

I seem to have a thing for that pattern too. I actually just bought a rug with the same pattern in red at Costco. It’s huge and it was only $100, I was shocked at the price. I have that pattern on throw pillows, a shower curtain, and some plates. I don’t even think about it when I’m buying it though, I just know I like it. These pictures are like teasers though, I just want to see more, decorated or not!

Poor Kole, Hope he is on the mend. Nothing worse than seeing kids sick :(
    LOVE the rug choice. The trellis pattern really ties into that light pattern.

Poor Little guy. You are so right!!! Your babies are the most important thing, especially when they are sick!!! Praying that he continues to get better. He looks so sweet in his little gown and mask. Was it due to that nasty flu bug going around? I know a few people who started out with the flu and it went into pneumonia.

Love the rug and I am also in love with that pattern. It shows up in a few places in my house too. I seem to be drawn to it.

Hope this week is a better one for you and your little guy.

So glad Kole is feeling better! It’s always a bit scary and heartbreaking when your kiddos aren’t feeling well. How do you have nothing on your countertops?!?!? It’s so nice and clean and clear :) ~gina

5. Jane Carden says

Erin,
    I hope sweet Kole is doing better now! It truly hurts a mother’s heart when her babies are sick.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new rugs that you found at Target! They are PERFECT! The trellis pattern is lovely, and I love it! You are such a great decorator!

Thanks everyone! So glad you all like the rugs! And thanks for the well wishes for Kole. He is doing SO much better today and is up to his usual tricks driving mom crazy. I’ll take it! :)

oh poor sweet Kole! Glad he’s making a comeback! Just scrolled down and caught up a bit on your gorgeous kitchen. Ahhh…love!! Hope this week is healthier and less busy!:)

Thanks so much everyone!

Hi Kim! I have a dishwasher to the right of my kitchen sink by my bay window, and one to the left of my kitchen sink in the island. They have cabinet fronts so they don’t look like dishwashers. :) I’ll show them better in a detailed kitchen post at some point!

9. Anonymous says

So glad I found your blog. We are breaking ground on our new home in one month. Just at the interior selection stage and love to see what you have done with your home. Do you have an exterior photo of your home? How large of a home did you build?
    I’m going out to purchase an accordian filing system today!
    Cheers.

Anonymous – thank you! Congrats on your new build! Breaking ground is such an exciting stage. I’m not sharing sq. footage of our home but will post more exterior pics in the spring. :)

Beautiful kitchen! My little guy is sick too, stomach bug… Nothing like pneumonia though. I was wondering if the corner cabinets in your kitchen are useable or is one side of it just for detail as an end piece. I believe it is the second photo you have up of your kitchen. I would love to know more.

I just stumbled on your blog because I too, am addicted to gray and white and I have the exact same rugs in my house from Target. I LOVE them! My son, daughter-in-law and precious granddaughter live in San Diego and we visit there all the time. Your home is absolutely T.O. D.I.E for! So beautiful. So happy for you and your family. I am not sure if you are willing to share your information with us, but I would love to know where you purchased the trellis drum chandelier or perhaps the maker and name? Yep, gotta have one. Thank you so much and can’t wait for what’s next! Stunning, absolutely stunning!

Kristin – Thank you! Yes! One side is unusable. I’ll share more when I do a post on how I’m organizing my kitchen cabinets.

Lexi – yes! They do! :)