Happy Friday! This week was a blur wrapping up school with my kids. Addison’s last day was today and Kole and El have one more week! I’m so excited and ready to be done with all things Zoom. I know I’ll most likely lose my mind this summer with nothing on our agenda, but with the unique school at home situation we’ve been in I’m more than ready for a break! Ok.. time for Friday 5! 5 random things going on around here along with 5 things I’ve had my eye on in both home decor and fashion. Fun!
*affiliate links used
1) Kicking things off today with faux olive trees! Olive trees have slowly become the new Fiddle Leaf Fig of design and are popping up everywhere! I’ve wanted one for my formal dining room for months and just haven’t pulled the trigger yet because there are several options that I love and can’t choose between! These are the 5 I’ve narrowed it down to. My #1 favorite is this Mediterranean faux olive tree (gorgeous!) but the price tag isn’t so gorgeous. Ha. A lot more than I want to spend on a faux tree! I’m leaning towards ordering the Amazon option and seeing how I like it in person.
I’ve also been looking at cute pots for summer plants and baskets for faux trees and found so many cute options on Amazon! These are my favorites..
Speaking of plants.. check out my little hydrangea bush! It’s so beautiful! Still small and nothing like you see on the East Coast, but progress from last year so I’ll take it. :)
I snapped this view of our front yard on our way home from our walk tonight. Such a beautiful time of year with all of the flowers in full bloom. I find myself wanting to spend all day outside.
2) Because we’re home bound and going on a family walk every evening you can pretty much find me in joggers and workout wear 4-5 days a week. I try to wear my jeans at least once or twice a week just to make sure they still fit. Ha. (The struggle is real with quarantine snacking.. am I right or am I right?) :) I rounded up 5 athletic wear favorites! I’ve mentioned before that my favorite bras are Natori. Seriously once I tried one a few years ago I tossed all of my other bras! Now I have a nice collection of Natori bras for every day, but I had no idea they also made a sports bra! I just ordered #2 and I can’t wait to try it. Vuori performance joggers (#4) are hands down my favorite. And I own a lot of joggers that I love! Trust me they are worth every penny.. you won’t want to take them off. They are usually sold out at Nordstrom so I was thrilled to find them in stock in several colors on their website. I also love their tanks (#1). Lulu Allign pants are so slimming and I love them in the camo multi grey (#3). On my wish list!
3) I might have to make an exception from my workout wardrobe to venture out in this new denim dress I just ordered! It was so funny because 10 minutes after I ordered it I got a text from my friend Vanessa and she said “I just saw a denim dress from the new RP summer collection that is so YOU!” I told her I was one step ahead of her and had already ordered it. We were laughing!
Wonder how she knew I’d love it? Maybe because I have 5 similar denim dresses already that I wear on repeat. Predictability is a good thing right? :) My style with clothes is always little more on the casual side so denim dresses are pretty much perfect in my opinion. You can dress them up with heels or add a pair of boots in the fall OR sneakers/sandals in the summer for a completely different casual look. My friend knows me well!
4) I’m still trying to do my 15 minutes of organizing a day. I have several bigger projects going on, but still try to spend 10-15 min on something small. Most of the things I organize this way never make it to my blog or IG stories because they are just so simple (cleaning out old socks in a sock drawer, sorting through some of Kole’s old books, 15 min to tidy the fridge.) Quick mini bursts of organizing each day. Quick mini bursts don’t seem like much, but if you do it every day it makes all the difference! Here is a recent example..
Messy drawer in my entertainment center below our TV. Don’t even ask me how all of this random stuff accumulated here!
I took everything out, vacuumed the drawer (Dyson linked here) and put it all away. I tossed a lot of it and the rest belonged in my office or other places in the house.
Now I have a clean drawer to store my laptop, lap desk and coasters! My kids have completely taken over my office so it’s nice to have my laptop in a central location.
5) We recently made my sister’s Feta and Tomato dip and I was reminded once again how delicious it is! A quick and easy snack if you want to mix it up this weekend! I shared the simple recipe HERE.
*Recent pic of my sister with her husband. I set the two of them up and take full credit for their happiness. ;)
Speaking of my sister.. I can’t thank you all enough for your thoughtful comments, well wishes and prayers for her over the past few months. I shared this update in IG stories in a recent Q & A, but I wanted to let you all know here too that she recently finished radiation and her x-rays look clear! (Breast cancer if you missed this post.) We are incredibly grateful. She is starting hormone therapy and they are watching her close, but so far things are looking really good and she is feeling a lot better. I have been so worried about her with the recent virus situation (and still am!) but I’m mostly just beyond grateful that things are looking better and not worse. Thank you again for your love and support. It means so much to me and my family.
On that happy note I’m off! Time to wrap up and post this baby since it’s now past 1 am. Friday 5 is going live on Saturday.
Like I said.. predictability is a good thing right?