1) I have been craving this fruit dip all day today. So I’m going to make it tomorrow.
Thought I’d share the link in case any of you want to make it too! Perfect fruit dip for summer BBQ’s. Or for when you’re just craving something that makes fruit more fun to eat.
2) We are making progress in Kole’s new room! This is our soon to be guest room that he has been sleeping in since we moved into the new house. His books were the last thing we moved. As you can imagine it took us a while to go through these and decide which ones to keep. He was such a huge help with this process. ;)
I’ll be sharing where I’m at with his new room at some point! Most likely once the kids are back in school and I have time to take pictures. I decided to get him this Owen bed in a queen size and it looks so good! I’m excited. He slept in it for the first time two nights ago and I checked on him at least 10 times. I don’t know why really. But I did. The new bed didn’t swallow him up so all is well. Happy with my decision. :)
3) El spent last week at her first Girls Camp with our church. She was nervous (which made me nervous!) but ended up having the best time. I drove a group of girls to camp the first day and then drove up with Ad half way though the week to
check on Ellie see if anyone needed help with anything. Wore my happy camper shirt because.. you know.. it finally made sense. :) She had the best time and did so many fun things. We were thrilled, but we missed her so much! Our house just didn’t feel the same. So glad she’s back home. I’m an even happier camper now.
4) Ad got her braces off! Love seeing her pretty smile. This called for a major celebration.
Some of you asked what “chewy party” meant on our summer to-do list. That’s what Ad wanted to call her party when she got her braces off.
We bought all the “chewy” candy she has been missing for the past year and a half and pigged out during Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. A good time was had by all. She might have 5 new cavities because of our little chewy party, but hey.. at least those cavity filled teeth are straight. ;)
5) Loving summer evenings spent outside in our yard. My white roses are all blooming!
A few other plants we planted this Spring on our side yard are growing too. It’s so fun watching everything start to fill in.
Kole and I check on the plants and yard often throughout the day. This boy needs lots of outside time! The two of us both start to lose our sanity without it. He is keeping me so busy this summer and some days it’s hard, but I love spending time with my little buddy and if I could bottle him up at this age forever I really think I would. He told me last week that he “loves me more than snakes” which you might think wouldn’t mean much.. ha! But if you knew how fascinated he is with snakes.. that they are his most favorite subject and animal ever.. you would understood why that single sentence gave me a lump in my throat. The good kind.
6) A quick pic from this morning before I woke everyone up for church. Enjoying a peaceful, clean house – so rare! Especially in the summertime. A quiet moment of calm before the storm.
Sunday best from later in the day! (Shared these last two pics on IG). I wore my new navy pleated skirt from the Nordstroms Sale to church and I’m in love! So feminine and comfy. My friends loved it too which made me feel better since my girls told me I looked like a school teacher from the 1800’s before church. Oh how I love their honesty. #notreally
7) It’s August! I can’t believe how quickly summer is flying by. This past weekend I pulled up my post from last year on Getting Organized for Back to School and started making my list! I’ll share the progress we are making around here soon. I’m in no rush for summer to end, but I like to get a jump start on back to school prep early or the last few days of summer are spent scrambling around town instead of at the pool. I much prefer the pool over scrambling around town. You too? Maybe this post will help. :)
8) I guess I had more than 6 things to share.
9) No surprise there.
Happy August everyone!
*affiliate links used