My good friend Jessica gave me an “Honest Scrap” award on her blog which basically means you are asked to share 10 honest things about yourself. Well, if you’ve followed my blog for a while, you probably know me as well as I know myself! So for those of you who are in this category, feel free to skip this post and carry on with that Monday to-do list you’re avoiding by blog stalking. I know how it goes. If you’re new to my blog and are
incredibly bored interested at all, here are 10 past posts that tell a little about me…
1) Here’s 25 Random Things about me. Doesn’t get any more straight forward than that.
2) Currently I’m 33 weeks pregnant. Here’s the latest update and here’s how we announced the news.
3) I love to decorate. Especially for the holidays. Here is my home decor getting ready for Fall and Christmas.
4) I hate to cook, but here are two things I do make often because they are so yummy and simple: Tri-Color Pasta and my Summer Salad. Try them – you won’t be sorry. (I’m actually just really proud of these posts because posting recipes made me feel incredibly chef-like. Until evening rolled around and I threw together another batch of Kraft mac-n-cheese for dinner.)
5) Here are some things I’m fond and not so fond of. (Or check it out if you just want to see a pic of Edward Cullen and picture him with his shirt off which, compared to Jacob with his shirt off, leaves a lot to be desired.)
6) Kenny, my husband, and I are completely opposite. See here how opposites attract. (Or check it out if you just want to see a terrible pic of us acting like idiots in High School.)
7) I think I’m Irish. At least Irish at Heart.
8) Here are some really dumb things I’ve done. Have you ever?
9) I love being a mom. Here are some things I suppose someday I’ll miss. (A favorite post of mine because of the way I captured exactly what my girls were like during that moment in time.)
10) I love Spring. It’s my favorite time of year. Here is a fun craft I put together last year when I was Inspired by the Weather.
There you go. You now have enough reading material to avoid that to-do list for quite a while. :)
Have a great Monday!
8 thoughts on “Honest Scrap”
Erin-I can’t believe I am the first one to comment! That hasn’t happened in an oh, so long time! I love this post and had to comment (have you noticed that now that I have comments back, I am commenting with a greater frequency?) I remember all of those posts and think they epitomize you! You are so creative and your blog is a work of art!
Well I pretty sure I have read all of your great posts and left you some great comment too…:), but I will just tell you that I was actually totally thinking about you and some of your “have you ever” moments you posted, just the other day. Madi threw a MAJOR fit in Costco and I left my cart full of groceries sitting in the aisle and drug her out of the store, straight home and to her room! I was at least kind enough to tell the lady at the entrance that I had left a cart full by the eggs, she said she totally understood, we were not a pretty picture!
Oh and your salad really is so yummy!
Well, I LOVE your summer salad recipe. I made it several times for our family gatherings. I have a few members of my famiy who have celiac’s disease, and the salad is perfect to eat with and without the dressing. So everyone is happy. Anywho, I guess I’ll start my daily routine. Thanks for the reminder of why we all love yer guts!
I LOVE your 25 random things about you! Can sure relate to the organizing piece and also in a perfect world San Diego would be 10 minutes to (just changed to Bountiful for me and my daughter) The salad recipe sounds yummy!
Seriously, I didn’t have to re-read any of those posts because I remembered them so well!!! STALKER? Maybe, so what? hehehe!!!
BTW, I totally read the title of the post, “Honest Crap”, till just now :D
Erin, You don’t know me (but we are friends with A LOT of the same girls) How have we never met?!?
I must admit, I am one of your blog stalkers. Your blog is so fun, witty, entertaining, honest, and creative. I often stop by for a little “pick me up!” And yes, this was one of those Mondays that for once I actually DIDN’T have a million plus things on my to do list. (Sick kids…) Thanks for the fun reading material, I just think you are so darling. And it was really fun getting to know a little more about you!
As I told Gretchen, I think you should write a column. I would buy the magazine you were featured in just to hear about all your decorating tips, fashion advice, mommy cuteness, and snakey tales. Keep up the good work!!
Love, one of your (and I’m sure MANY) BLOG STALKERS!!
Andrea Ross (St.George, UT)
p.s. now that I have “come out” I WILL start leaving comments! I just didn’t before because truthfully…. I didn’t want to freak you out!
So fun getting to know you better! I love the pic of you and Kenny in high school. Do you have “your story” somewhere on your blog? If not, that would be a great post! There is something so irreplacable about a friend you’ve known since you were a teenager. What a treat to be married to someone you have so much history with.