Last year during my favorite month (that would be March) I started this blog. Since March has come and gone again and I have now had this blog for one year I wanted to take a minute to reflect on all of the things that I LOVE about blogging…
Top Ten List:
2) My blog book includes a lot of the little day to day things. It gives a much better picture of what my family and our personalities are like than my other scrapbooks. It is full of the stuff I believe my 70 year old self is going to want to read and remember.
3) With just the click of a button I can feel close to my friends all over the map (those who are cool enough to blog that is ;) I’ve also made new friends and grown closer to old friends who left my life for a short spell. I love knowing what my friends are up to. I love seeing pictures of my friends and their families. I love getting to know my friends’ kids. I love peanut butter but that’s beside the point.
4) Blogging is something that I can do in front of the TV. I’ll admit it. Kenny and I love our TV. Each Fall we make a spreadsheet of all of our must see shows and set the DVR to make it all happen. I love sitting on my comfy couch at the end of the day with my laptop on my lap, my husband to the right of me, and something entertaining on the tube. Oh…and don’t forget the popcorn. It’s multi-tasking at its best.
5) My mom hasn’t given me nearly as much grief about moving back to Utah now that she can always see what my girls are up to. (Seriously, we’ve gone from her asking a few times every day, to only asking once every few days…major improvement!) Love you mom.
6) It is now perfectly acceptable to spy on other people. I prefer to use the word ‘spy’ instead of ‘stalk’. I’ve never liked the word stalk. I do, however, like the words calamity, optionality, and frigid.
7) Because of blogging I’ve become much more computer savvy. Now I only bother Kenny with computer questions every 20 minutes each night instead of every 5. Like my mom…major improvement! Life is all about improvement, isn’t it?
8) Blogging hands down beats doing laundry, vacuuming, cooking, or dishes. Plus research shows that writing about personal experiences improves memory and sleep and boosts immune cell activity. (whatever that means…it’s straight from Wikipedia and I plan to recite it every time Kenny catches me blogging instead of doing the above daily chores)
9) Blogging is such a great way to be inspired! You can learn new recipes to try (or in my case to just write down), new activities to do with your family, new ways to decorate or organize your house, new crafts for the kids. After reading blogs you often feel completely
crappy about your life and everything you’re NOT doing inspired to try new things.
22 thoughts on “Blogging”
That is the coolest Top Ten ever! Amen to all of it! Blogging is wonderful! And I sure love keeping up with your cute little family. Tell your photography teacher to go jump in a lake!
Erin, I LOVE your blog!! It always makes me smile – even during a rough day with 3 little boys. Your top 10 list was fabulous. Keep those great posts coming!!
Love you, love your kids, love your house, love your fun writing on your awesome blog!
That just made my morning…I’m now inspired to have one of those great days worth blogging about! Don’t you find yourself saying, “Oh, I’ve got to take a picture of that for my blog, OR Ooooh, I for sure have to blog about that!” Yeah for a YEAR of blogging!!!! I LOVE feeling like I’m still in your life…it’s been YEARS since we’ve seen each other in person, but it doesn’t feel like it! I DO have my braces off by the way. I think the last time we went out I still had them on…HORRIBLE YEARS!, but that’s beside the point! :)
Amen to all of the above!! You couldn’t have said it any more perfect. I LOVE that I can feel close to all my old friends again….that’s the best. And knowing that you’re going to enjoy it for the rest of your life is priceless.
I have thoroughly enjoyed your blog this last year. keep it up.
No, the picture trick did NOT work!!! Maybe I will come over early tomorrow so we can put our blog brains together! As always, another clever, fun post! You are a natural writer!
Well, I shall leave a comment, because, well, I like to see your comment total go up. You hit it on the head with some of your top tens. I just wish I were a little more computer savy. And yes, blogging, has reunited us, my friend. I feel like I could see you in a store and be right up to speed!
Erin, I love that you and Kenny actually make a spreadsheet of the shows you want to record… I usually have a mental list, and then Jake records his sports over my precious shows. There is still some training to be had in our relationship.
And I would tell you to check out my blog (www.moretomatoes.blogspot.com) but as you will see when you get there… I struggle at blogging. But maybe now that I’m pregnant I will be re-inspired to contribute to the blogging world.
I’ll “spy” on you later cuz!
What I like about your blog is that you are so genuine, and that it’s o.k. for life to not be perfect; just make sure you’re wearing a great pair of rose colored sunglasses (preferably Dior, or Bvlgari)
Oh wow. Another great post. I’m so glad you love to blog. It makes my life fun to check in on you from time to time. And have I told you (um about the 10th time I’m sure) how much I love your BLOG? I love you and your family and am so glad I get to keep in touch with you. It means a lot to me.
Fabulous post, Erin! I agree with your list 100%. I like to refer to you as one of my blogging friends…and that is a compliment. :) Keep up the all the wonderful blogging…it’s so fun to get to know you & your family better.
Happy Blogiversary Erin! I love your list, there really is so much to gain and share with a blog.
ps. I prefer spy to stalk as well.
it has been so fun to peek into your blogging world. your posts are hilarious and just make my day. (ahh, i agree aren’t positive comments the best!) anyway, your posts are a riot, your girls are darling and i think all your photos are fantastic (geesh, what does that photography teacher know anyway???)
you are the best blogger ever Erin! love the smiles it brings to my face each time I read your posts! thanks for sharing
Erin, I’ll just say “dido” to everything you just said!!! Seriously, thanks to you starting your blog, and helping convince me to start mine, you have become one of my favorite people ever! I count you as one of my closest friends, even though we only actually see each other a few time a year, (which I love and look forward to!) Really- I love reading your blog, it always makes me laugh, and really makes me day a lot of the time! I look forward to your posts, and I really do love seeing all the darling things your girls are doing and seeing what a perfect couple you and Kenny are! Seriously love you!
Amen again, you tend to put things so well! What is slurping? Is that what I did when I had mine printed? I still have soooo much to learn. :)
Hi. It’s Christina, Malea’s friend. I don’t know why it doesn’t work when you click to link over to my blog. Just tried it, and, yep, it still doesn’t work. So, since I am still wondering all the stuff I was wondering before(spent hours researching cameras on line today, time flies when you’re shopping, right?), my blog address is http://www.getyourownmom.blogspot.com or you can e-mail me at email@example.com.
Love your lists. They make me smile. And feel normal.
Ok, I just figured it out. I just enabled my profile. You can just click my name. If you aren’t afraid of me by now because I keep commenting.
I’m just commenting here again because I think 20 makes a great round number. You should find a specific niche like Nie Nie, C Jane, or The Meanest Mom, it’s looking like you’ve already got quite the following. Anyway, great pics of the girls!
I LOVE it!! You said it just perfect!! Blogging is the best… and the blog book makes it hands down a no brainer as to why we blog!! Isn’t it awesome!! I love your blog…and your pictures are STUPENDOUS!! (Fancy word for Great!!) Thanks for being such a good blogger!
So I was “Spying” on your blog again! Loved the post, it is totally and completely true. Great Post! I got a little freaked out about all the “stalkers” not the friends that spy so… my blog went private. I don’t know if I am happy or sad now.