Sharing a few favorite toys today! Mostly because I am just now ordering a lot of our Christmas so toys are on my mind! I thought this would be my year to get back on top of things and have everything Christmas related done by now, but apparently next year will be “the year”. :) A lot of odds and ends to finish the new house have kept me so busy this month so I’m doing most of my shopping on-line. At the LAST minute. Lovely!
I have to admit that while I love shopping for extended family and friends, these three are the most fun to surprise! I love finding that perfect gift for each of them that I know will have them squealing Christmas morning. TOO much fun.
This pic is from our family photoshoot last month and I adore Kole’s little face he pulls when we say “smile!” Not quite his natural smile but at least it’s better than this…
1. Rudolph Memory Challenge – Getting this because we are obsessed with Rudolph around here and memory/matching games are always a hit with Kole.
2. Pete The Cat Books – Kole LOVES Pete the Cat books. He discovered them in preschool and they have become fast favorites. Darling stories.
3. Melissa and Doug Car Carrier – This was a Christmas present from last year that my little buddy has played with over and over. Wooden toys are the best and Melissa and Doug toys hold up so well.
4. Go Away Big Green Monster – I think we’ve read this story over 4,629 times. Or more. We talk a lot about monsters at our house so I ordered this book for Kole last March for his birthday. I had no clue he would love it as much as he does. It’s a simple book that would be great for even a 1 or 2 year old.
5. Maxbox Mega Rig Shark Adventure – I just ordered this because I know it will be a fun toy in and out of the tub! Sharks rank right up there with monsters (basically anything scary that could “gobble you up” is a hit with Kole right now). Plus I just thought the ship looked like fun. Anything that encourages imaginative play is a good thing.
6. Wooden Digger – You can’t go wrong getting a digger or truck for a toddler boy! I just bought the wooden digger from this set at Pottery Barn Kids because the wooden Melissa and Doug cars were such a hit last year. A bit of a splurge for one truck, but all of the parts are so movable like a real digger. Perfect for scooping pretend dirt! Or even better – real dirt if mom’s in a good mood.
7. Assorted Dinosaur Set – LOVE our dinosaur toys around here. The gobble you up thing again.
8. Go Away Monster Game – Kole has played this game in therapy and loves it so much. I want to buy it for him but it looks like they aren’t making it anymore!? I haven’t seen it for less than 50 bucks used. Yikes! Still working on this one…
9. Plasma Car – All three of my kids have loved their plasma cars for years now! I can’t recommend these enough.
10. John Deer Tractor – K I haven’t ordered this yet but I’m dying to get it for Kole! He would love it! But I’ve already got several things for him for Christmas and I’ve found with kids (especially toddlers) that too much at once is just too much. I love for my kids to really play with and enjoy each of their toys so I don’t like to give them too much at one time. So one of you need to get it for your little boy. It will make me feel better. :)
11. Zingo – Another favorite of Kole’s. Zingo is just a fun way to play Bingo. Toddler style. If Kole has a willing playmate (thank you Ellie!) he’ll play this game all evening.
12. Mindscope Neo Tracks – Kole has played with these at a friend’s house and loved them so much. The tracks bend and flex and can be put together in so many different ways. I know this will become a favorite!
13. Jenga – Such a fun and simple game. Kole loves it. There is such a joy he finds in crashing things that I’ll never understand. But if it makes him happy, it makes me happy. :)
Hope this post gave you a few fun toy ideas if you’re still scrambling like me! Like I said – next year. Christmas cards will be ready to mail by September! Gifts will be bought by October! Decorating will be done in November!
And just like every year during this crazy, busy month it will all eventually get done and work out.
Free printable of the paint colors throughout my home!
Enter your name and email address to get instant access to my paint colors along with other free organizing printables. More will be coming soon!
Exclusive to subscribers!