Because I had three less people to take care of! On Friday afternoon Kenny packed the car and took the girls camping for the weekend. Kenny and I grew up camping and it is really important to him that our daughters have the same outdoor experiences that we did growing up. Since I’ve become more of a once a year “glamper” instead of a once a month camper Kenny decided to join a group of dads that do fun activities with their daughters once a month. Most of the time they camp, but they have also done other fun things (horse back riding, ice skating, etc.). The girls LOVE this special time with their dad. It seems they have a bit of their father in them and really enjoy camping! Kenny LOVES that they are spending time in the great outdoors. And I LOVE that all of this is taking place without me having to sleep in a tent. :) Win win win.
I cut out some fun yellow scrapbook paper and labeled each cubby: Miscellaneous (for magazines like Pottery Barn, Ballards, and In Style that I get in the mail and want to save), Organizing and Decor (some of my favorite magazines ever!), Kitchen and Bath (my largest stack of keepers), and Church (for all of our church magazines).
Below my white beauty sits my little stash of baskets. Tucked away behind the couch with all of the essentials we need to get through the day. The girls have their books. Kole has his diapers, wipes, and toys, I have my treasured magazines in a beautiful organizer, and Kenny has a happy wife. Once again a win all around!
Aside from organizing my magazine stash, here are a few other to-do’s I tackled during Kole’s nap time and bedtime:
- mini clean out of the fridge, freezer, and pantry
- cleaned out my purse and balanced my checkbook (I’m not in the negative Kenny – rest easy)
- organized all of the girls’ recent school work and Kole’s baby stuff for PL albums
- touched up a few walls with paint (something I’ve been wanting to do forever)
- watched the movie City Slickers while I cleaned out my in box. (I love that movie. Always makes me want a pet cow.)
- took lots of pics for future blog posts
- washed all sheets - including Kole’s crib sheet – which aside from cooking is my least favorite chore.
- cleaned the entire house top to bottom
- caught up on ALL laundry
Just in time for my campers to come home and unload. Bringing half of the outdoors home with them.