drywall/front door

A few pics I took last week of the drywall going up in my family room.  I love this room!  But I’m afraid my fireplace mantel is too high.  It’s way taller than I am.  Which isn’t saying much since I’m only 5’4. Ok.  5’3 1/2.  But still.   I will have to stand on a chair to decorate it.  Oh well.   Everyone helping me insists it needs to be that high because of the tall ceiling.  And so that there is room for the surround and molding.  So I am rolling with it.  Or trying to.  :)  Too late to change it now!  I am in a place where I have to stop looking back and just keep moving forward.  So I take that all back.  My mantel is the perfect height!

Just keep swimming…  just keep swimming…

The drywall is all up and they started mudding it today.   I can’t believe how different everything feels.  I’m so excited to be in this stage of the process.

A bit of door news… because doors have been a priority this week.

I love this front door shown on House of Turquoise so I used this picture as a starting point in the design phase for my front door.

I changed the top pediment to a straight panel instead of an arched one to match my windows.  Then I added lines in the top transoms.  I wanted the side transoms to be a little more private – you know – for when I peek through the door to see if I dare answer it in my pajamas :) – so I only kept the top half glass.  I love the planks on the inspiration door, but decided to change them to inset panels and a shelf so that it will tie in with my dutch door.  And done.

It was delivered today!  :)

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Comments

1. Anonymous says

Erin- Looks awesome!

P.S. This is the perfect kind of post. Hopefully, this wasn’t too stressful or overwhelming for you. Keep it coming!

2. Anonymous says

I recall seeing your Mother’s mantel in a spring decor post. How does yours compare to the height of yours? I think it looks right in proportion to the room. It’ll be OK, Erin. It’s lookin’ great! :)

Andrea

Thanks everyone! :)

Andrea – mine is taller! But it’s hard to compare because the rooms and fireplaces are different sizes. Thanks for your sweet comments! You are always so kind to drop a kind note my way. :)

4. Anonymous says

My first thought upon seeing your room, is wow, she is going to be able to fit a giant Christmas tree in there! :-). I see what your saying about the fireplace, they cant re-do it and set it lower? I totally get why that might bother you, your mantel is the main focal point in your living room and you want it to be at eye level.

LOVING these quick peeks into your week…and the progress of your home! It is coming along SOOOO nicely!! Love it! Have a great week!!

Erin, I have said this over and over but I LOVE your house. It is exactly what I want in a house. We are building when we get back to the U.S. and I am so excited. But for now, I am living through you. I am a bit obsessed with houses, I think. :) Love the door. Also, my mantel in my old house was higher too but I had a hearth I would step on to decorate. Will you have one of those…if so, you can just use that. :)

Hi Erin – everything looks so beautiful! I think I’m almost as excited as you are!! Also, I love the posts you are doing!! Thanks so much for taking the time to inspire us!!

I love everything I see so far on the house. I can’t WAIT to see the finished product. You have done an amazing job. Love the pict of cute little Kole, and the cake decorating fun. Love you!