I’m usually not the type of person to get annoyed easily, but it seems with this pregnancy I’ve had a heightened sense of annoyance. I’m particularly annoyed with how annoyed I feel all the time. Maybe if I can get these annoyances off of my chest I’ll feel, well…less annoyed.
Here they are…in no particular order –
1) How quickly Kenny falls asleep every night. Way too fast. Like before I even brush my teeth fast. Before I even make it up the stairs fast. Or before I even turn off the lights fast. Does it not take a minute to unwind from the day? To find a great sleeping position? To think about what needs to be done tomorrow? To realize that you are never going to fall asleep with that tick tick ticking of the clock…
2) The tick tick ticking of the clock.
3) My all time favorite turkey isn’t tasting good to me lately. This is a tragedy above all tragedies. I’m at a complete loss as to what to eat for lunch.
4) A few spots on my walls need paint touch ups. It’s something that I know will take minutes to do but for some reason, I just keep walking by thinking how annoying those spots are. It’s annoying me right now that in the time it has taken me to write about those spots I could have painted them and been done with it.
5) Dust on hangers
6) Spending $200 at Costco (or any other grocery store for that matter) and coming home with nothing to fix for dinner.
7) Home Depot. I’ll spare you the details, but just know that I could dedicate an entire post to the annoyance that is Home Depot.
8) Speed Limits (and speed bumps for that matter)
9) The fact that Kenny still has Survivor on our fall line-up.
10) Fruit Stickers (previously mentioned)
11) Several wall hangings in my room are slightly crooked, too high, or too low.
12) Kenny’s attitude about fixing my wall hangings that are slightly crooked, too high, or too low.
13) The fact that Easter candy isn’t sold all year long. I’m really needing a Cadbury Egg right now. They are my “go to” for pregnancy (previously mentioned). Who am I kidding. They are my “go to” for all the time. I just feel more justified calling them my “go to” when pregnant.
14) “Obama 08 Yes We Can” bumper stickers. You can. You did. Get over it already.
15) Ever since I told the girls about the baby Ellie has stopped calling her stuffed animals “friends” and now calls them her babies. They refer to her as “mother.” They refer to me as “grandma.”
There. I feel a little better. Glad I got that off my chest. I’m off to bed now. Kenny’s already asleep and I have a date with a certain clock…