Last year during my favorite month (that would be March) I started this blog. Since March has come and gone again and I have now had this blog for one year I wanted to take a minute to reflect on all of the things that I LOVE about blogging...
Top Ten List:
1) Since my blog is our new family album I am always caught up with at least one scrapbook. (by the way... "slurping" your blog to make a blurb book is the coolest thing since Seven jeans).
2) My blog book includes a lot of the little day to day things. It gives a much better picture of what my family and our personalities are like than my other scrapbooks. It is full of the stuff I believe my 70 year old self is going to want to read and remember.
3) With just the click of a button I can feel close to my friends all over the map (those who are cool enough to blog that is ;) I've also made new friends and grown closer to old friends who left my life for a short spell. I love knowing what my friends are up to. I love seeing pictures of my friends and their families. I love getting to know my friends' kids. I love peanut butter but that's beside the point.
4) Blogging is something that I can do in front of the TV. I'll admit it. Kenny and I love our TV. Each Fall we make a spreadsheet of all of our must see shows and set the DVR to make it all happen. I love sitting on my comfy couch at the end of the day with my laptop on my lap, my husband to the right of me, and something entertaining on the tube. Oh...and don't forget the popcorn. It's multi-tasking at its best.
5) My mom hasn't given me nearly as much crap about moving back to Utah now that she can always see what my girls are up to. (Seriously, we've gone from her asking a few times every day, to only asking once every few days...major improvement!) Love you mom.
6) It is now perfectly acceptable to spy on other people. I prefer to use the word 'spy' instead of 'stalk'. I've never liked the word stalk. I do, however, like the words calamity, optionality, and frigid.
7) Because of blogging I've become much more computer savvy. Now I only bother Kenny with computer questions every 20 minutes each night instead of every 5. Like my mom...major improvement! Life is all about improvement, isn't it?
8) Blogging hands down beats doing laundry, vacuuming, cooking, or dishes. Plus research shows that writing about personal experiences improves memory and sleep and boosts immune cell activity. (whatever that means...it's straight from Wikipedia and I plan to recite it every time Kenny catches me blogging instead of doing the above daily chores)
9) Blogging is such a great way to be inspired! You can learn new recipes to try (or in my case to just write down), new activities to do with your family, new ways to decorate or organize your house, new crafts for the kids. After reading blogs you often feel completely
10) Comments. Comments comments comments. I have to be honest and throw this one out there. What blogger doesn't love comments? Who doesn't love constant, daily, positive feedback. Someone always telling you how great you are, how cute your kids are, how amazing everything about your life is. You cleaned the house today....WONDERFUL! Your kids are making cookies.....DARLING! You and your husband went on a fun date.....PERFECT COUPLE! It can be incredibly addicting. For my photography class I had to upload pictures each week (our assignment) to have them reviewed by my teacher. After my first assignment, he too left me a comment. It was basically a really nice way of saying that my pictures looked like crap. Something about "determination and never giving up....just the way they should look for your first class"...blah blah blah. I panicked. I didn't know how to act! What!? I'm used to only receiving over the top nice comments. All of my pictures are wonderful! Just ask my blogging friends! I told Kenny I didn't like my photography class or my teacher. I was going back to blogging....because in the blogging world....you are perfect. Just read the comments.
So thanks. Thanks to the person who invented blogging. Thanks to everyone who cares about me and my family and takes the time to read this silly blog. Thanks to those of you who drop a comment once in awhile - they really do make my day. And thanks to Bobbi Brown for creating a foundation that is a sunscreen and a moisturizer all in one. But that's beside the point.